CIRM exists to promote the application of electronic technology to the safety of life and efficient conduct of vessels at sea. We strive to foster relations between all organisations concerned with electronic aids to marine navigation, communications and information systems.
- We represent the interests of the marine electronics industry, internationally;
- We co-ordinate the views and actions of members in resolving regulatory issues and in the promotion of marine electronics;
- We provide technical and industrial advice to the international regulatory organisations;
- We provide a specialist information service for members;
- We provide a private forum for members to exchange information and business opportunity;
- We enable our members to participate in the development of international regulations and standards affecting their products and services.